dis/location

Friday, January 20, 2006

Something went right!

The peg (or wahtever it's called) that holds the strap on my guitar had fallen out and I have been playing seated for ages; which is not my preference. I thought that this would cost a packet to fix and so hadn't bothered. Apart from the fact I hadn't been able to get into the city for ages and couldn't be bothered making a special trip. Anyway, I finally mnaged to get in and happened past Sound Control. I went to the tech de[artment and asked whether this could be fixed as I wasn't even sure of that. "Matchsticks" the guy said. Get some, cut the to the depth of the screw hole, the put them in one by one, screwing the peg in each time you insert a matchstick. That way the matchstick are blended to the hole and the screw. The screw will not come out after you have done this a few times as it is screwed into compressed wood. This fix works a treat and the peg is solid as it comes. At last I can get the strap on and play on my feet.

So just for a payback Sound Control.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home